Shredded Taro and Pumplin Cake
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Taro 500g cut into 3mm strips
Pumpkin 500g cut into strips (3mm)
½ cup little/dried shrimp (soak and deep fry)
Chopped Shallots 2 tablespoons (garnish)
Parsley 1 bunch (use leaves as garnish)
Seasoning – Ingredients
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Chicken powder
3Tbsp Corn Starch
¼ tsp -5 spices powder (only for taro strips)
1. Remove skin from taro and pumpkin. Cut into strips. Mix seasoning evenly between taro and pumpkin strips.
2. Sprinkle oil on square steamer then place taro strips evenly. Place steamers in wok and steam for 20 mins.
3. Take out from steamer and use hands to pat it down. Place in the steamer again for another 20 minutes.
4. Remove taro strips from steamer and wait till hardened. Add the seasoned pumpkin strips on the top of hardened taro strips and spread evenly. Use hands to press pumpkin into the square mould. Place back in steamer for another 20 minutes.
5. Take taro and pumpkin out and place aside to cool down. Cut into small pieces then garnish with shrimp, shallots and parsley.